Thursday 24 October 2013

Week 3 - Journal Entry

This is a pretend journal written by Robyn from Tomorrow, When the War Began.

Going on our trip
When Ellie asked me if I could come with her and the others to Tailor's Stitch and Hell, I never thought I would be allowed to go. But Ellie is great at persuading and after talking with my parents, they said yes. 
    The trip up was long and tiring, but I love the outdoors and it was quite fun. I took the front as we walked along Tailor's. It was great fun when we got to Satan's Steps, climbing through holes and narrow gaps. We arrived at a stream and Lee and I went exploring. I went into the bushes and to my surprise, there was bridge. I came back and told the others. I think if it wasn't for that, we would've turned back and never found our camp in Hell.

My trip into town with Lee
When we split up to search the town, I felt scared. If it wasn't for Lee, I don't think I would have been as brave. There were patrols and soldiers everywhere. 
  We were delighted when we Mr Clement, our town dentist. He told us about the soldiers, but he asked us to go pretty quickly. I don't know why. When we were heading into newsagents, the soldiers started shooting at us. Thankfully we had lots of momentum and got through the door. I kept going, but suddenly Lee wasn't there. I looked behind and he was limping after me. He was grimacing in pain. He had been shot. The adrenaline kept me going and I carried Lee over to his family's restaurant. It was such a relief to finally find the others after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment