Thursday 17 October 2013

Week 1 - After Reading

    I have really enjoyed reading Tomorrow, When the War Began. The plot of the book is very intriguing and I like how we live in Australia and are teenagers, just like the characters in the book. It makes me think about what would happen if Australia really came under attack and what it would be like.
   I found Homer a very interesting character. At school Homer mucked around being a nuisance, but through the book he showed great leadership and initiative. It shows that something like war, can really bring out the best in people.
   The start of the book was one that hooked me in straight away. The narrator started talking about something that had happened and I wanted to know what it was. I really liked the talkative, diary style in which it was written. The starting chapter had a great intro for each character and set up the book extremely well. I also enjoyed reading about the character development. The war made their true colours show and the leaders like Homer were found. At the end I was left wanting to know what would happen next. I'm sure I'll zoom through the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment